What does the word ‘dementia’ mean? Is it the same as ‘Alzheimer’s Disease?’
In this video we look at the meaning of some key terms. Crucially we also look at the key importance of moving beyond labels and seeing the person in front of you.
What will I learn?
- You will learn what is meant by terms like ‘dementia’.
- You will learn a little about how dementia is diagnosed.
- You will learn the difference between dementia and ‘normal’ ageing.
- You will learn that dementia affects people in very different ways.
- You will understand the importance of seeing beyond the diagnosis.
Please watch the video below then answer the assessment questions that follow.